Allen J. Klein PLLC is a law firm specializing in complex commercial and technology transactions. The firm’s mission is to render value to its clients by providing high quality, practical, efficient and cost-effective services.
Allen Klein is the founding member of the firm. Allen was an early member of the Shaw Pittman (now Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP) outsourcing and technology transactions practice (1994 – 2003) and a senior partner in the Latham & Watkins LLP technology transactions practice (2003 – 2013). Allen has been practicing at Allen J. Klein PLLC since June 1, 2013. Allen also provides litigation consulting services with respect to failed software implementations through DisputeSoft LLC.
Allen represents US and foreign clients in domestic and international transactions having closed transactions in the US, the Netherlands, South Africa, UK, Germany, and Switzerland. He has experience with, and is comfortable working with, all relevant transaction formats including service contracts, joint ventures, development agreements, joint development agreements, licenses and the like.
Allen is licensed to practice in New York and Washington D.C.
Allen's clients have included:
- One of the world's largest chemical companies based in Europe
- A leading footwear, apparel, and equipment design and distribution company
- A leading specialty coffee retailer
- A major medical device company
- A regional telecommunications company
- A global pharmaceutical company
- An international pharmaceutical services company
- US operations of a Japanese auto manufacturer
- A major international hotel chain
- A leading shoe company that designs, distributes, and licenses sneakers, skating shoes, lifestyle brand footwear, apparel, and accessories
- A global paper products company based in South Africa
- A US-based, global, veterinary pharmaceutical and supply company
- An international insurance and annuity company based in South Africa
- Three of the largest commercial banks in South Africa
- The revenue service of a major southern hemisphere country
- A US state government Department of Human Services